Do you or anyone you know need some assistance during times of an emergency event? The state of Texas presents the STEAR program. The STEAR program is a free registry that provides local emergency planners and emergency responders with additional information on the needs in their community. Texas communities use the registry information in different ways. Registering yourself in the STEAR registry DOES NOT guarantee that you will receive a specific service during an emergency. Available services will vary by community. For more information on how your community will use information in the STEAR registry, contact your local emergency management office.
Who Should Register?
- People with Disabilities
- People with access and functional needs such as:
- People who have limited mobility
- People who have communication barriers
- People who require additional medical assistance during an emergency event
- People who require transportation assistance
- People who require personal care assistance
How to Register
- Register Online at State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry
- Dial 2-1-1 or use your video telephone relay option of choice to contact211 at 877-541-7905 (Texas Information Referral Network)
- Registration forms
Required Information to Register
- Phone Number
- Primary Language
Additional questions asked to capture vital information for local emergency planners and responders
- Emergency Contact Information
- Caregiver Information
- Transportation assistance for home evacuation
- Communication Barriers
- Disability, Functional or Medical Needs
Registration is VOLUNTARY
All of the information you provide will be kept COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL.